How to submit a Print Order Request
If you want to use special 3D Printers of the makerspace, you can send a Print Order Request on Makerepo. You can access this page by logging on makerepo.com or creating an account and click on the dropdown menu on your profile name and click on "Order a Print/Laser Cut" and click on "New Print Order"
- Please read the paragraph at the top of the page and note that there is always a 15$ Setup Fee if you decide to accept the quote (if you don't accept the quote, you won't be charged)
- Input your STL File
- Choose the material
- Others : Ninjaflex (Flexible), PVA, Markforged Materials (Onyx and more) and others (Contact Us for the exact list of materials : [email protected])
- Choose the quality depending on what you need
- Choose if you want to use the Dimension SST Printer (Industrial Grade Printer that prints with ABS and Soluble Support filament)
- Choose if you need expedited printing (It will add a 20$ CAD Surcharge)
- When you are ready to submit the request (Please not that you can decide to not accept the quote once your receive it)
- Wait until you receive an email from us, It will give you a detailled quote that you can accept or not, If you want to accept it go back to the "Order a Print/Laser Cut" page, from the moment you accept the quote you accept to pay the price of your part when you pick it up. Please note that we can deny prints for different reason that will be detailed in the email. (Won't work, Too big, Weapons and more), if you want to fix your model and send it again, please do so, we will review the new file.
- Once you accepted the quote, the staff will process it and print it when it will be the next in queue, please note that we will go in the order of accepted quote, it might take a few days or weeks before it gets printed, if you need the faster print, please choose expedited printing)
- Once the print is ready, you will receive an email and you can come pick it up at the UOttawa Makerspace and pay (Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card only)
If you need help or have any questions, don't hesitate to come see the staff at UOttawa Makerspace or send an email to [email protected] we will try to get to you as soon as possible !